API v2 Changelog
We focused on making API v2 more consistent and standards-based. Here’s a list of changes and improvements from the previous version.
- It’s RESTful; objects such as faxes, phone numbers are treated as resources which can be created and queried using standard HTTP methods.
- It supports HTTP authentication.
- All resource lists (faxes, phone numbers, area codes, supported countries) are paginated.
- For sending faxes, the parameter for uploading a file is now named
filename) and the parameter for using a content URL is named
content_url; there is no longer a
- Fax files are treated as sub-resources of faxes, simplifying the interface for accessing them. See getting fax file content.
- All timestamps are in RFC 3339 format (e.g.
2016-01-20T11:28:52.000-06:00), which is both human and machine-readable and makes the timezone offset clear.
- All phone numbers are in E.164 format (e.g.
- All requests which accept an area code parameter also require a country or country code.
- The supported countries list returns more info, including support level for sending and receiving and includes countries with beta level support.